Friday 21 February 2020

Making Huts

                                     

          Today we were writing about what happened on Monday
                 A thing that i found tricky was adding similes.
   Next time I could challenge myself to use the star on my success criteria.

 When I was little (and I still am) I used to climb trees, play hopscotch and swing on the monkeybars at the park, but most of all I loved making huts. At school we made huts in the classroom. Chairs supported loose sheets, blankets dangled over the sides of the desks, books weighed down the blankets to stop them from collapsing on us like landfalls, desks made the borders of the huts. Then the bickering started. 
“Charlie! Charlie! The books! The books! Oh Charlie!” 
“Where’s my desk!? Who moved it!? 
“You moved it!”
“Did not!”
“Did to!” 
“WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?”
“I just need to move this chair a little”
“NO YOU'LL BREAK IT!”
“Hey!” 
“What!? Don’t blame me!”
We were having so much fun until Mrs Naden told us to “Bust those huts!” “ NOOOOOOO!” everyone groaned. Then the bell rang for lunch so we had to bust them anyway.

3 comments:

  1. What a brilliant story with great descriptions! I feel like I am in the room with you when this happened.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the section of your story with the conversation between you and Charlie. Your writing is so descriptive and fun to read. I also loved making huts when I was little...I used to pretend I lived in the Middle Ages and had to sweep floors and build a fire to cook on. Lovely imaginative play, Ciara.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia ora Aunty Lauren,
      thank you for commenting on my blog
      it was really fun
      Ma Te Wa
      Ciara

      Delete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.