Thursday 15 October 2020

Pancakes with Maple Syrup and Chocolate Sauce

 This week for writing we have been learning how to use imagery. We had to write a paragraph about eating our favorite food, mine was pancakes with maple syrup and chocolate sauce. We had to describe what its like to eat that food. We had to include the first bite, the taste and licking the plate. We had to use a simile, alliteration and juicy verbs.  

I enjoyed writing the paragraph of my fave food,

I found it tricky to use alliteration,

Next time I would use more alliteration,

Here is my writing:

Pancakes with maple syrup and chocolate sauce


I took a bite of the stack of pancakes on my plate. I felt the ooey gooey sticky syrup oozing down my throat and the runny chocolate sauce dribbling down my chin. The fluffy puffy golden brown pancakes were warm and perfectly cooked. They were delicious, sweet and sugary, the sticky maple syrup dribbled down my arm, like a raindrop dripping down the window on a rainy day. I turned away and licked the plate clean, the sticky chocolate all over my face. I snuck over to the stove to see if any pancakes were left over, then I took a nibble of the last one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.