Thursday 25 June 2020

Matariki reading

This week for reading we had to discuss if Matariki should be a public holiday or not, then we had to make a google drawing showing why or why not Matariki should be a public holiday. We also researched about other holidays like Diwali, Chinese New Year and National donut day. These are all public holidays. We decided that national donut day shouldn't be a public holiday because you can have a donut any day.
Here is my google drawing on should Matariki be a public holiday:  

I enjoyed having our group discussion and making my google drawing,
I found it tricky to spell some things correctly,
Next time I would change the font on my google drawing,

3 comments:

  1. Salve Ciara,
    Did your group talk about the similarities and differences between the other celebrations you read about? Did this make a difference to what you based your opinion on?
    Mā te wā,
    Mrs Naden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salve Mrs Naden,
      No, we didn't talk about other holidays, just Matariki.
      Thank you for commenting on my blog!
      Ma Te Wa,
      Ciara

      Delete
    2. Salve Ciara,
      If you think about it now, would it add evidence and help you justify your opinion? Why/why not? Your synthesizing doc may have helped you with this.
      Mā te wā,
      Mrs Naden

      Delete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.